Working at Xtra Cleaning can be rewarding for the right candidates and provides flexible working hours for those that can’t work a 9-5. Working for us is also a good way to meet new people, make friends and work closely with a friendly team who are like minded.
As a member of our team you will earn a competitive hourly rate and receive the following benefits:
- Get paid more than Minimum Wage and be above the National Living Wage, with the ability to influence your own wages if want more hours.
- Work regular and flexible daytime hours, Monday to Friday (never work evenings or weekends unless you want to)
- No experience necessary, full training is provided
- Receive a uniform and be provided with all the equipment you’ll need to carry out your job
- Have the potential for personal development and job progression
- Lots of variety; you won’t be tied down to one place all week
- Work on your own or in teams of two, three or four in a fun, supportive environment
Xtra Cleaning ensures everyone is security checked and that everyone gets full training so that standards are the same across all our teams with every client.
This includes on the job training doing room-by-room checks at our client’s properties, and advice on how to clean efficiently and to the high standards expected by our customers. Safety procedures and best practices are reviewed constantly to ensure both our cleaners safety and the safety of the customers’ property and possessions.
Xtra Cleaning also carries out on-going training for our cleaners based on customer feedback and changes to the companies set cleaning processes. We provide our teams with all the necessary cleaning products and equipment, unless otherwise specified by the customer.
Xtra Cleaning team members will be expected to carry out the following duties in order to service our contracts accordingly:
Dusting, Vacuuming, Emptying Bins, Mopping, Wiping and Scrubbing Surfaces, Polishing, Tidying, Washing up, Making Beds and Ironing. Attention to detail is important as Kitchens and Bathrooms must be cleaned to hotel finish. You will also need to be able to talk to our clients in a polite professional manner and able to communicate back to the office any relevant information from the customer. The positions are on a subcontractor basis so you will also be required to complete a timesheet/invoice at the end of the week in order to receive payment.
As a member of staff you will be appointed one of the following positions:
- Cleaning Operative (Driver £10.00 per hour) – You ensure a high quality service is provided for each customer and are responsible for taking a team of cleaners to customer sites. As a benefit you are paid a higher hourly rate to compensate for using your own vehicle. A valid full driver’s licence is a requirement of this position and the use of your own vehicle that is insured for business use.
- Cleaning Operative (Non-Driver £7.50 per hour) – Cleaning Operatives help to provide the quality, industry leading service for which Xtra Cleaning has become renowned. Your energy and positive attitude is an asset to the Xtra Cleaning team.
Before you apply please note – you must be an excellent cleaner – totally honest, reliable with a pleasant personality and able to work unsupervised. You must be able to speak with customers, read & write clearly & follow instruction documents. Previous domestic cleaning experience isn’t required but you must be able demonstrate under training conditions that you can clean to Xtra Cleaning strict standards. Only reliable people need apply as we operate a zero tolerance for poor standards, not showing up for assignments or not updating the Xtra Cleaning office with information that may affect our schedules. We will require proof of your right to work in the UK, proof of identity and 2 previous employer references. If your application meets our requirements you will be contacted for an initial telephone interview and if successful will proceed to a face to face interview.
To be considered for assignments with Xtra Cleaning, please complete the short application form below.
By submitting this application I acknowledge that I am applying to be considered for assignments as a self-employed Cleaner to provide cleaning services to Xtra Cleaning clients. I understand that Xtra Cleaning cannot become involved with my financial affairs. I accept responsibility for paying any tax and national insurance. If I am unsure of my position I confirm that I will refer to my local tax office or hmrc.gov.uk.